Tuesday, February 5, 2013

WNP:  2/4/13
"I Think I broke it..."



It was a rainy California day, it came down in a deluge.  Jess and Tyler decided to play inside.  The played vigorously on the stair landing of their two story house..  After many shouts to stop, the horseplay, their mother stuck her head out of her bedroom door.  In an exasperated voice she said, "How many times do I have to tell you girls to stop playing near the stairs?  Someone is going to get hurt."She rolled her eye, and shaking her head in disbelief at the girls and returned to cleaning her bedroom.  The vac drowned out any noise they were making.

Of course the girls did not heed their mother's warning.  In the next few minutes Jessica accidentally bumped into Tyler, and down the stairs she rolled and tumbled, grunting and groaning as she seemed to bounce off each step.  Jessica screamed for her mother, she also called out Ty's name.  "Are you ok Ty?  No answer.

Finally hitting the bottom of the stairs, Ty lay there in a heap.  Jessica got their mother's attention.  She would know what to do.  They both ran down the stairs toward Tyler.  Crystal could tell she was injured by the position her right leg was in.  "This doesn't look good," she thought to herself.  She didn't want to alarm the girls, but she could tell that Tyler was in extreme pain and distress.  "Jessica, get my purse and keys,"  we're going to the hospital emergency."

Tyler looked up into her mothers face, crying and sobbing, "I'm sorry mom."

"I know, next time I am sure that you'll heed my warnings about such things."

"Um, hmmn," said Tyler, she looked at Jessica and her mom through tear filled eyes and said..."I think I broke it."

No comments:

Post a Comment