Monday, February 4, 2013

Face in the mirror Word Prompt 2/3/13

The face staring back at me in the mirror is not mine.  As I stare into the mirror, I wonder who could this person be?  It surely isn’t me, at least the me I know myself to be.  What has happened I wonder, where did the me or my memory and my past escape to?  I touch my face, the feel is different, soft and leathery, pale and wrinkled where it was once smoothe and sublte.  I feel sadness for the face in the mirror, and the life that must have caused such despair that is seen in the eyes.  There is no smile from the lips, nor light in the eyes.  A face that is a blank canvas although there are wrinkles and shading and texture to be captured.  Discovering the face in the mirror, feeling compassion for the face in the mirror, questioning the face in the mirror, and wondering, who could she be?

No comments:

Post a Comment