Monday, February 4, 2013

My Personal Musing(s) 2013
Potential and Possibility


I've heard it said numerous times, that he, she, or they, have so much potential.  With an emphasis on "so."  I've never quite understood exactly what that means...  Of course I know the definition, potential:   "ability that may or may not be developed."  Do people live up to their potential?  Do they even know what their potential is, are they oblivious to their potential, or are others simply dictating the potential of   said person? 
Personally, I like to think of it as possibility.   "The state or fact of being affirmable, or attainable." 
Just think of all the possibilities there are in life.  As I am older now, I can appreciate the endless possibilities that existed for me as a young person, and even more the possibilities that exist for me as I grow older.  I have no regrets as I explored many of the possibilities that existed for me, I had the potential,  and I made things happen for me.
No one can stand in your way unless they are allowed the distinct honor of blocking your future, i.e., you allow them to stand at the gate of your future.  Have you perhaps given someone the distinct pleasure or power to hold back your progress?  What or who is it that might be blocking your potential and keeping you from the possibilities that await you?

No comments:

Post a Comment