Thursday, February 7, 2013

Morning Musing


Having hard time getting started this morning.  I hate days like this.  I feel stuck.  I've done everything but write something meaningful.  Perhaps that's not going to happen today.I've looked at photos on Google and Pintrest.  One image did stand out.  A photo of a woman in Bali.  I can still see her face even though I closed the tab a while ago.  She isn't beautiful by American standards (for what it's worth).  She is black, she IS beautiful, even though her skin looks ashy, there is a shroud over her head that is a dark color, her eyes gaze into the camera.  I wonder if she knew her photo was being taken, there is no smile on her face.  A look of saddeness is seen in her eyes, her body language can't be seen because her body is shrouded as well.  Her thin arms and hands peek out from a gap in the garmet.  I can see the pain and a remorse that goes very deep.  I wonder what her life is like as she sits there on the streets of Bali.  Does she dare dream of a different life, and what does she know of life outside of her poverty? 

No comments:

Post a Comment